Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monitoring

The other night I thought I had turned on the baby/video monitor only to realize upon waking up at 6 a.m. that the battery was dead when I tried turning it on. I was elated and guilty all in the same breathe. I had basically gotten a full night sleep AND cut myself off from the baby had he woken up in the middle of the night. With the white noise of the air conditioner in my bedroom, there's no way I would hear him crying without a monitor of some kind. I think my daughter would wake up and come in and tell me if her baby brother was crying and keeping her up...but she was super tired too, so would she? Or did she sleep thru it too?

He just woke up at 2 a.m. And I put him back down after nursing. It's 3:36 and I can't go back to sleep because the monitor is alive and charged and I hear him sniffling from a little cold he has. I am convinced the moment I try to go back to sleep he's going to wake up again. Even though his track record proves he sleeps after his middle of the night feeding until morning.

My thing is this...I really wish there was a baby monitoring company. Just like you have ADT to monitor your home, I want someone to monitor my baby and wake me only if he's truly up and needs something, otherwise all the snorts, sighs and position changes can just be left alone and I don't need to keep rolling over and turning on the video portion of the monitor to see what he's up to. I would get a way better night sleep if I could leave the monitoring to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment