Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The dog's claws/talons

Am I the only one who thinks $20 to trim a dog's claws is outrageous? That is what our vet charges us to clip our dog's talons. Let's just think (read: over-analyze) that for just a second. For $20, they have my dog in the back room with me helping them for all of 2 minutes. That's a charge of $10 p/minute. If that's a real cost of dealing with an animals claws? I went into the wrong profession for certain! I had my hopes set on becoming a massage therapist, figure a 60 minute massage costs $60-$70, that's a dollar p/minute. But hell, I don't even need a veterinarian license to clip animal claws, and I could get paid $10 p/minute AND have the owner help me contain the animal while I clipped the nails? Sign me right the hell up!

I just think $20 is a bit excessive to charge for a nail trimming. Unfortunately I do not have a good animal nail clipper or I would totally do it myself. My dog's nails are thick and it can be done, but I need the right nail clippers to do it myself. And when I do find the right nail clippers. my dog is going to pay me $20 each time.

Also? Did I really just blog about the cost of clipping a dog's nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment