Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer's here

Thus summer is chock full of things to do. Already we've done so much. What's on tap for us for the remainder of the summer?

Pool...any pool we can find our way into. My moms is the usual hang out, but we're not picky! We'll take what we can get. I love the pool, always have. My mom needed a crow bar to get me out when I was a kid. I'm finding out how my mom felt while I'm now in the same predicament. My daughter wants no part of getting out of the pool. And the baby...well he's a HUGE fan of water and if he had a voice he'd express his dismay at getting out of the pool too.

Tonight is the Firemen's parade and kick off to the carnival in the town I grew up in. We'll be there! My daughter is beyond excited. I'm guessing she's going to make me go on rides with her to make up for not being able to go on them last year because I was pregnant.

70th surprise birthday party this weekend for my aunt (my dad's sister) And...oh...there's a pool at the house where the party is being held...BONUS!

Birthday party for my best friend's dad next weekend which is an annual event at their house.

Camping at Jellystone park because if we don't my daughter will have a conniption! She is all excited to go camping. In fact when school ended and her daycare turned into camp last week she said "mommy I don't want to go to school". I replied with "well that's good because you're going to camp!" she misunderstood and said "but we need daddy and a tent...we can't go without them!!!" so needless to say she's counting the days to our camping trip.

August feels wide open though I know it will fill up fast. There are things I want to do with the kids before the end of summer like go to Splash Down. My daughter has been talking about going to a water park since we went to one last summer when we were on vacation in Delaware. I also want to hit up the Central Park Zoo and the NY Aquarium. If time and funds permit I'd also really like to make it to Mystic Aquarium and the Liberty Science Center.

August we also have my goddaughter's birthday and my friend's son's birthday party all in one weekend.

September seems far away but I know it will be here in a flash. And with the arrival of September brings our annual trip to Peaks Island, ME and I am super excited for that trip. I will probably see my best friend from college if only for a quick visit and this year our friends and their family I know from online are coming to Peaks. We met them after our trip last year and they will be staying with us on Peaks. I am so excited to share the Peaks experience with them. Once Peaks has come and gone autumn will be upon us, the leaves will begin to change, pumpkins and apples will need to be picked and I will welcome the cooler weather. Until then I'll soak up the warmth of the sun and every chance I can to hang out in a pool. Except maybe not the pool I was invited to tomorrow as we are having an offsite at our CMO's house. Getting in a bathing suit in front of coworkers? Not really on my list of things I will EVER CONSIDER doing...EVER!!!!

What's on your summer itinerary?

1 comment:

  1. I usually hate summer, too hot, too humid, too busy. But this summer? I'm loving it. All of it. We're heading up to our cabin tomorrow for the next week, then we have a Zoo trip/Brewer's game weekend with family, our Godson's birthday party, our anniversary weekend where we're taking the kids camping, and I think I'm even going to squeeze in a Girls Weekend with my BFF at the end of August. So excited. I love fall, but I don't want this summer to end just yet.

    Enjoy all of your adventures, they sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete